Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

:: Our Adventure : a mini book ::

Hi! I am up on the Paper Issues Blog today sharing a mini book that I made about our adventures to the Indiana Sand Dunes. For this project I used mostly Crate Paper's Journey Collection.


I repurposed a very small clipboard for this mini by taking off the original clamp and replacing it with a Tim Horton two ring binder piece. I cut my papers and printed my photos in a variety of sizes (mostly the same width but varying lengths) to create a bit of extra texture and interest.

I worked on this project over a period of time.  In order to make it as easy as possible I stuck with one basic collection, pulled items that matched the collection and/or theme from my stash, and then placed everything in a tray (from Target).  This was so helpful. I was able to work on this project just about anywhere because I put everything together and I could just grab the tray and go (to another house, another place within our home, etc).



I simply love all of the gold and transparent pieces in this collection!

Sometimes I chose to print a photo or two (usually a favorite) a bit larger and let it just be a page on it's own (with a few embellishments -- digital and/or traditional).



One of my favorite things about creating mini books is including the ephemera that is part of the story.  An example: I created a few pages with "pockets" in them and included all the ephemera (like the room key, or a receipt).  I did most of my journaling on tags that I was able to place in pockets throughout the book, shorter stories were handwritten on journal cards or labels.

 


I had a blast creating this mini book!


If you would like to purchase the Crate Paper Journey collection, or all the things, click on the links and head over to the Paper Issues store!  Make sure you use the code orangegearle for 20% off your entire purchase!

1 comment:

  1. You totally rocked this collection, Orange! Fabulous creation. I'm loving all of the little bits and details you fit in here. :)

    ReplyDelete