Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2014

:: outside ::

I had a bunch of fun with this one! Here's another LO I made last weekend with my May Scrapbook Circle kit.


This story is all about taking our African Grey Parrot, Higgins, outside (in his cage) for the first time. I used a bunch of Amy Tangerine's Plus One collection (patterned papers and some puffy stickers). My favorite part is the patterned paper.  It started with a white on grey pattern. I grabbed my gelatos and a water brush and painted each of the hearts a yellow green.  Then I used other colors to paint several of the chevron patterns. My goal was to pull out some of the bright colors in the photo, and I really wanted to use the bird washi (a gift from my awesome sister-in-law)!  Once I finished painting, I outlined the painted chevrons with a black pen. Simple design for this layout, but I love how it turned out!

Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment: