Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

~ these boots were made for pear pickin' ~

On Friday my work friend and I did a little scrappin' after work in my conference room.  We have done this before, and I think we will do it again and again...it was fun!

I think my favorite parts are the washi tabs on the top right and bottom left.  I folded them under and made little tabs -- fun!
This layout is based on an Ashley Horton sketch (September Sketch It Out).  In addition to the Sketch It Out Challenge at Club CK, I also did this one for Erika's  Issue Challenge #4 :: use washi and the Weekly Challenge for Sept 23-29 :: use some type of sewing (did it) fabric (did it) or buttons, etc. (both of these are also @ Club CK).  Using washi is never very difficult for me, and neither is machine stitching (addicted to both) -- but I haven't used my machine on the last several layouts so it was a nice reminder!

Supplies are linked below and most of them are from the July Scrapbook Circle Kit :: Sunshine Day. This kit was packed with MME :: Nostalgia and I used most of it! This collection was perfect for these photos because it matches the vintage look of the photos (made to look vintage with an instagram filter).  I also used papers and alphas from Echo Park :: Note to Self collection -- I got this pack from a Love Joy Paper giveaway -- my happy mail for this week!

Here are a few more closeup details of this project:
For these washi tabs I actually used a longer piece of washi, extending what I was using on the page already and folded it into a tab and under the patterned paper. 

I wasn't going to journal since the title is almost a journal by itself, but at the last minute changed my mind.

I turned one of the My Mind's Eye journal cards on it's side and slid it under a photo.  It said, "One of a kind buttons", but I didn't want the "buttons" so I hid that part with another tag and a sticker (and yep, that's more washi instead of string in the tag)!

This was a fun one and I really liked the end product! TTFN!



2 comments:

  1. I loveeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING those sweet photos, the stitching and loveeeeee the title!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love this cute page!! Those photos are so adorable and everything about your layout, highlights them even more!! The Washi Tape is so fun and I love the different brads you used!! And awesome job on the sketch...love that you added in an extra photo!! :)

    ReplyDelete