Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

~ daredevil ~

I've completed about three layouts or so since my last post!  Today I will share just one, but I hope to post the others soon.  This is a one pager -- something that I don't always do.  When I took this photo with my iPhone, I knew I had to use it for a layout because I am all about the story, and it has a story -- it is so B.
This is my daughter.  She has always been a bit of a daredevil, and one of her most favorite things to do is climb. In this particular photo, I'm pretty sure she is thinking all about the dismount.  The binkie, the look, the stance, it had to be documented.

I love the photo in B&W!  I have never scrapped a b&w photo (something new for me) and so I couldn't decide if I wanted to use papers with lots of color, or vary little color at all.  I chose the latter, with just a touch of pink (her favorite color).  I am happy with my choice, but I could see it going either way!  It was really strange for me to do a layout like this because I LOVE LOTS COLOR!

What was my favorite part?  Making the triangles!!!  For the triangles: I put washi tape on grey paper and cut out squares using a punch. Then, I simply cut the squares in half to make triangles.  After I laid it out, I decided I wanted a bit of pink in there, so I cut a couple triangles from pink paper.  But, the pick was too pink.  So, I put the washi over the pink, cut the squares, made them triangles, and I love them!



The three strips of paper are quotes of things that B. says when she is actually being dangerous -- but the bulk of the journaling is hidden in the bag (see below). The Issue Challenge #4 (July/Aug 2012) over at Club CK called for the use of a monogram, which I did.  Originally this was just white with the black text/border.  I altered the sticker by misting with pink, and then added a pearl mist over the top to give it a shimmer.  The black twine came from a RAK that I got from Ashley Horton (thank you)!


This pull out, hidden journaling, gave me some trouble!  I think I 'gessoed' it (I'm sure that's a word, right), misted it, wrote on it, etc. multiple times.  Finally I ended up writing on strips and calling it done!   The "favorite" stamp is from Elise Blaha Cripe.  It really says, "You are my favorite" but I only inked the word favorite!  :-)

Most of the items you see here came from the Scrapbook Circle Kit :: Sunshine Day (July).  All supplies are linked below.

What's new in this for me? Several items :  grommets, altering a sticker (I double misted the monogram), using a bag, and using a b&w photo

I hope to have several posts up this week.  Look for some subtle changes in the look of my blog as well (I hope). New teachers begin this week -- I am a mentor, so I am back completely, totally, full time, without flexibility.  I look forward to the structure, and I always love the beginning of the year, but I'm not certain I'm ready for the rat race that comes with it!

..::non-manifesto progress::..

8 comments:

  1. WOW!! I love this page!! It is so awesome with the overall gray and the little touches of pink!! And I love what you did with the washi tape, to create the triangle pattern!! Really, really love this one!! :) And we have one of those climbers too...but ours is a boy!! HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I always love and appreciate your comments. Sorry I just realized that I missed a photo on the upload, so I added the close-up of the monogram and strips of text! Our B is all girl in some ways, but man does she play like a boy at times!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous!! I really love the little pops of pink!! Awesome stitching, too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kelly -- and thanks for the comment. Both you and Ashley posted so soon after I published this, I didn't realize that one of the photos got deleted (or not uploaded)-- so I added a closeup of the "B" and the strips of text!

      Delete
  3. This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeee the colors, the stitching and love love love the arrows!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really really love the color scheme! So great, and it lets the photo shine. Such a fun idea to punch out the shapes with the washi tape. Good luck with the back-to-school craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! I love the color scheme. And way to go with all your firsts on this page. That photo is so incredible. You can see her thinking about what to do next. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete